National flagship placement-linked skill training program – “Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushlya Yojana (DDU-GKY)” is being implemented by the Institute. With a target of training and placing 2250 candidates over 3-years period, the Institute initiated this program in the year 2015 and shall be completed well in the stipulated period. Of the total trained till now, more than 70% of these have been provided placement in several reputed private companies and firms. Further, good number of these set up their own micro enterprises and thus are self-employed. The courses offered under this scheme are aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), assessed and certified by NCVT or Sector Skill Council. Currently, the Institute is offering 8 courses under this scheme, which are residential and with a training duration of 576 hours to 832 hours as per the common norms, as given below.
1. Basic Automotive Servicing of 2 & 3 wheelers (AUR 701) – 695 hours.
2. Repair and Maintenance of Personal Electronic Devices (ELC 703) – 720 hours.
3. Electrician Domestic (ELE 701) – 832 hours.
4. Sewing Machine Operator (AMH/Q 0301) – 576 hours.
5. Accounts Assistant using Tally (ICT 701) – 695 hours.
6. DTP and Print Publishing Assistant (ICT 702) – 695 hours.
7. Computer Hardware Assistant (ICT 703) – 695 hours.
8. Solar Electric System Installer & Service Provider (RNE 701) – 695 hours.
During the training, the participants are trained in domain curriculum and also in non-domain content such as communication skills, soft skills, personality development, yoga and meditation, digital literacy, etc. As the scheme is placement-linked, a minimum of 70% of the trained have to be placed with reputed firms and monitored for one year about their career progression. The scheme also provides student entitlements such as free boarding & lodging, uniform, training aids, placement support, and one-time travel cost, etc. apart from free training..